Wednesday 29 October 2008

Photoshop red eye tutorial

image before and after.

I uploaded the red eye photo onto Photoshop. I then zoomed into the eye area of the picture, and selected a grey area of the eye, using the eye drop tool. I then added a new layer, through clicking layer in the tool bar. The reason i added the new layer was, in case i made a mistake and damaged the original picture, but by adding the new layer we can delete it straight away if we made a mistake.

I then selected the paint brush, with a 2 pixel sized brush, and then painted over the red area of the eye, with the grey colour, that i copied with the eye drop tool. Then i went to the toolbar selected filter, then blur, then Gaussian blur at 1.0 pixels. By doing this, it has blurred the edge of the grey colour we have painted over the red area of the eyes, so it blends in.

Then i changed the layer blend to saturation, and after duplicated the layer, by going to layer, duplicate layer, and then changed the layer bland to hue. I then flattened the image so that the layers became 1.
This will not only help me with my work on the awareness magazine, but it will also help me with family pictures that have been damaged with red eye.

No comments: